Freedom Graf-fiti

A Young Conservative/Libertarian View on Politics News and History.

Today during my daily rounds of checking up on news sites and blogs, I found a very interesting video that, to me, is a breathe of fresh air. It made me rethink the stronghold the Obama administration, and even more so, the Democratic machine has had on the inner city black community for decades now. The video shows a group of inner city, black Chicagoans coming out and finally saying what they really feel about our president, and more importantly, the Democratic party as a whole.

While President Obama is out fighting the fictitious, left-driven “war on women,” he seems to have forgot about the group that he “fought so hard for” as a community  organizer, state and U.S. senator. The black community has taken the back seat from day one Obama took office. As 96 percent of black people voted for Obama in 2008, I don’t see that number changing much. But what I do think we are seeing now is the beginning of the black community’s break from the Democratic party. Maybe not this election, and maybe not the next, but I believe slowly we will see the connection between the left and blacks dwindle.

Every one of these people in this video could not have said it any better and makes some of the best points I’ve ever heard about the Democrat controlled cities. They are very brave to stand up in their community with such conflicting opinion. Paul McKinley made the perfect point that Chicago has no Tea Party or even Republican leaders, therefor, how can the Democrats say that the Republicans are in control of them and are the ones that are keeping them from reaching their full potential? Rashidah Ali explains that government is not the force behind job creation. Obama and any other politician in Chicago does not create anything except more power for themselves.

Jean Ray makes one of the best points stating “They(Democrats) feel that they can just take us for granted and that we are just going to vote democratic anyway.” She then goes on to say “but if there was a Republican who was out here doing what I feel like he should be doing, I would vote for him.” The problem is the lack of Republicans to vote for. Chicago has had a Democratic stronghold for nearly four decades. It seems as though Obama used the black community to get elected in 2008 by filling them up with empty promises of hope and change. Yet, this election, he is just assuming they are all on board again. He puts them on the back burner to focuses on his new group that is going to get him elected, women. Obama has a funny way of showing  “unity,” as he promised in 2008, by pinning people against each other to win an election.

Another women in the community, Vetress Boyce, explains that no matter what the politicians promise, nothing changes. To me that explains the last four years perfect, a bunch of empty promises, but in the end, the politicians are only in it for themselves. She also makes another great point saying “In a lot of cases their interest is not in the community, and in a lot of cases, some of them don’t even live in the community.” The best example of that is Sandi Jackson. Many may also know her as wife of  U.S. representative Jesse Jackson Jr. She is a Chicago City Council member, as an alderman of the 7th ward. The Jacksons do have a home in Chicago, but both of them spend most of their time in Washington D.C. so while Sandi is making decisions on the 7th ward of Chicago, she is 700 miles away in our nations capital. If you don’t think that is out of touch, then I don’t know what is.

This video has given me more hope than an empty Obama slogan has ever given an uninformed voter. It shows me that the black community is not falling for the same old tricks. They are starting to realize that they are being used as a pawn in Obama’s game and they are not taking it sitting down. They want jobs, not food stamps. They want to support themselves, not have the government control their everyday lives. They are realizing cities such as Chicago and Detroit are the way they are because of the Democratic Machine that has had its grip on them for the last 40-50 years. Their policies don’t work and they never have, and they are the same policies that Obama is trying to implement on a national level. I will end this post with this, which I think says it best.  Have you ever been to the Communities that President Obama has “organized?” Working in Chicago a lot, I have, and It is not a place where I would want to live. People in the inner cities, black or white, deserve better.

About these ads

Single Post Navigation

39 thoughts on “7 Days Until Election Day And The Chicago Black Community Has A Message For Obama

1. The power of the Black Community to rebuild the American dream could save this land from the communists and liberals. Arise!

2. I’ve said this for sometime now. Why do poor minority communities presided over by liberal democrats for decades tend to stay poor? Although I believe it is mostly due to the ‘dangling carrots’ of hope their leaders offer to their constituents in return for their vote, conservatives need to reach into these communities more and offer them an alternative to false hope and change. This video is a good start.

3. Sylvia on said:

Kevin
    when was the last time the Republicans did something “positive” for black people?

• In my opinion, it depends on what your definition of “positive” is. I think most republicans don’t think of black people as just a vote like the democrats do. Maybe the republicans don’t strive for the black vote as much as you might like, but it doesn’t mean they don’t care. I think Republicans and conservatives want everyone, black and white, to have a chance to make it on their own, without having the government play the role of referee. The problem is, when Democrats try to “help out minorities,” they don’t do it to be good people or politicians, they do it to get more power and, of course, more votes. So what’s worse to you, a party who wants everyone to be successful on their own without the help of the government playing the role of referee, or a party who views the black community as a social experiment and uses them as a tool to get elected then forgets about them after they get what they want?

I think the whole idea of pandering to certain groups such as black, women, etc. for more votes is ridiculous. Why can’t Democrats AND Republicans just say what they mean and mean what they say, regardless of whose vote they are trying to get. You will persuade more people by talking about America as a whole rather than just blacks or just women. That’s just another mistake the Obama administration has made. while Obama is out pandering to his groups, Romney is out talking about America as a whole, regardless of color. Now THAT is what a unifying, post-racial president should be.

• calicofarmer on said:

Very intelligent response, Mr. Graf!
        Between the statements of those on the video and your thoughtful response to Sylvia’s not-so-thoughtful question, maybe there is yet hope for the United States of America!
        Thank you!

• I really like this. Thank you

• Look back in history, the Democrats formed the KKK.
        The Democrats did not want the slaves freed.
        The Democrats did not want the black people to be educated, that’s why a lot of black Universites are named after Republicans.
        Most of the cities that are going bankrupt have not had a Republican mayor in years, or have never had one.

• Amen,Matt! That sums it all up perfectly!

• WELL SAID..

• I am not sure about recently but how is this for a start. 1. Freed the slaves 2. passed the right to vote. 3. passed the civil rights act.

• Brandon on said:

Sylvia, you may remember Abraham Lincoln. That was the last time a Republican did something specifically for black people. But that’s more recent than anything a Democrat has done other than hand out food stamps to keep them in poverty, but fed just well enough to vote Democrat next time, just like those in the video are saying. If you do something right for this country, such as righting the economy and getting jobs, it does something for all communities, black included.

• LTCollins on said:

When ALL Americans do well Black Americans do well. Republicans see everyone equally and don’t think people are stupid or incapable just because of their skin color. The actual dream of Martin Luther King!

• Kathryn on said:

We “white” people have been taught by “black” people that you hate us. That’s not exactly how to win friends and help. Most white people do NOT hate black people…but we do hate the whiny, complaining rhetoric coming from your black leaders.

• No…we hate your blindness to white privilege and the myth that everybody has an equal chance to succeed in this country; of attaining the ‘American Dream’

• I don’t think anyone here is talking about whether blacks are treated equally to other races. What we are talking about are the policies that have been set in to place by the Democrats, who claim to be “the only party who looks out for the blacks because the Republicans are evil racists,” and how those policies have actually hurt rather than helped.

As for attaining the American dream, Americans, whether black, white, rich or poor have it better off than almost every other people on this planet. This is something we should all keep in mind. America is the only nation where it is possible to come from nothing and make yourself into anything. While it is harder for some people, it doesn’t change the outcome. America has been, and still is a place of people who have made a name for themselves and are able to pull themselves out of poverty. In fact, that is what built this country and made it what it is today. Yet at the same time, I have met people who have come from middle income to wealthy families that ended up in poverty because of their own decisions. See that’s the thing. America is what you make of it. If you work hard and make the right decisions, you can do whatever you want. But if you take it for granted and point fingers, you are not going to end up in a place you want to be.

• Sylvia: Why can’t blacks do something ‘positive’ for themselves and not rely on government help? This is coming from a black female…..

• Carlos Mesegue on said:

Republicans were on the right side of the civil rights debate.
      It was the Dems that did everything to prevent its passage.

In the House of Representatives, 80% of Republicans (138 for, 38 against) voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964, while only 61% of Democrats (152 for, 96 against) voted for it.

In the Senate, 69% of Democrats (46 for, 21 against) voted for the Act while 82% of Republicans did (27 for, 6 against). All southern Democrats voted against the Act.

The Democrats filibustered 83 days against the bill.
      Albert Gore Sr, J. William Fulbright and former Klansman Robert Byrd were three of the Democrats who opposed the bill.
      Byrd filibustered for more than 14 hours and 13 minutes straight. He also opposed the nominations of the Supreme Court’s only two black justices, Thurgood Marshall and Clarence Thomas.

St. John F Kennedy voted against Eisenhower’s 1957 Civil Rights Act.

It was Democrats like Lester Maddox, Orval Faubus and George Wallace, governors of Georgia, Arkansas and Alabama, who blocked the schoolhouse doors.

While Governor of South Carolina, Sen. Ernest Hollings oversaw the raising of the Confederate flag over the Statehouse.

Oh yeah. Democrat Supreme Court Justice Hugo Black was also a Klansman.

Democrats opposed abolition.
      Democrats supported slavery and fought to expand it.
      Democrats supported and passed the Fugitive Slave Laws of 1793 & 1854.
      Democrats supported and passed the Missouri Compromise to protect slavery.
      Democrats supported and passed the Kansas Nebraska Act to expand slavery.
      Democrats supported and backed the Dred Scott Decision.
      Democrats supported and passed Jim Crow Laws.
      Democrats supported and passed Black Codes.
      Democrats opposed educating blacks.
      Democrats opposed the Reconstruction Act of 1867.
      Democrats opposed the Freedman’s Bureau as it pertained to blacks.
      Democrats opposed the Emancipation Proclamation.
      Democrats opposed the 13th , 14th, and 15th Amendments to end slavery, make black citizens and give blacks the right to vote.
      Democrats opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1866.
      Democrats opposed the Civil Right Act of 1875 and had it overturned by U.S. Supreme Court.
      Democrats opposed the 1957 Civil Rights Acts.
      Democrats argued against the passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Acts.
      Democrats argued against the passage of the 1965 Voting Rights Acts.
      Democrats voted against the 1972 Equal Employment Opportunity Act.
      Democrats supported and backed Judge John Ferguson in the case of Plessy v Ferguson
      Democrats supported the School Board of Topeka Kansas in the case of Brown v The Board of Education of Topeka Kansas.
      Southern Democrats opposed desegregation and integration.
      Democrats started the Ku Klux Klan.

Who’s on the wrong side?

• godbluff on said:

I may be going out on a limb here, but after reading your posting ( a great one, I might add) the Democrats are douchebags!

• WOW THNX FOR THIS INFO WELL PRESENTED..

• It’s also important to look back to the 1950s when black families were leaving the deep south because of a lack of jobs (mechanized farming eliminated the need for many workers). Black families were lured to large cities to become a workforce, large housing projects were developed to give affordable housing to the families – one caveat…no able body male could live in the project. Prior to this time, black families had a lower rate of out of wedlock birth, higher rate of nuclear families and a much more stable home environment as compared to white families. This de-stabilization of the black family was a calculated move by democrats who feared an educated stable black population.
        The black population was once again enslaved. I have no idea how the issue can be solved at this point other than tough love. We have to stop the cycle of goverment dependency and work to educate.
        It’s truly not conservatives that are the enemy, it’s the progressive and liberal establishment that gains power and strength by keeping the black community down.

• Tom Beavers on said:

You don’t know history, do you? Look up EVERY civil rights act that has gone through legislation and discover who the REAL racists are. Republican genuinely want black prosperous and contributing to a fruitful society. Democrats GENUINELY want black in need and hanging by thread so they can pander to them and offer faux support in exchange for votes. But yet, democrats are the first to throw down the race card…

• Joseph on said:

When they, not the democrates, freed the slaves and gave the right to vote which was being blocked by the democrates. its all in the history books

• Why is it Sylvia that any politician should do for just blacks? Why can’t they just do for us, We the People as a whole? This is why there is still racism in the world! Some people seem to THINK they should get Special treatment. We are all one.

4. Michael on said:

As a conservative I have decried the Democrat dominance of the Black community. I was moved by the people in this clip. Sadly I had dismissed that community as being more like “Obamaphone” lady. I pray that a more positive public policy can improve conditions for all the people in the area

5. Archy Cary on said:

Not likely to see this video on any of the Chicago TV channels. Nevermind the Tribune and Sun-Times.

6. Kathleen on said:

To Sylvia: Racist much?

7. I pray for our country, I have a very bad feeling we are not going to make it thru this. All our politicians have betrayed us for a long time. I am a Republican and have already placed my vote. If you have not voted yet, take it to the Lord pray for guidance and please America don’t make a decision that will end America as we have known and loved for over 200 years. One person one vote .

8. max headroom on said:

I’ve often wondered why blacks would overwhelmingly join a party with groups and other organizations that dont share the same values (e.g., atheist). I guess it’s an enemy of my enemy is my friend kind of thing. C’mon guys, do what’s right for your people. stand up for yourselves.Your efforts might not come to fruition in your lifetime, but history may have a place for you yet.

9. The Dumbocrats have been playing the American people for a long time. And Obama has played the black community like a fiddle, snd most people still haven’t figured it out. More over, the reason jobs are gone started with NAFTA, passed by the Clinton administration. So you see, the Dumbocrats want power and they will lie, cheat and steal to get the vote. And afte the election, you will be tossed aside like so much garbage. And all Americans will pay for it.

10. I never realized that the black community of Chicago was abandoned by Obama. As a Reverend, I pray for your community. But more than prayer, regardless of who is elected, I have an immediate solution for those who are self-motivated to succeed. I have a business that I work from home and that I train others to do, which deals with the bare essentials of life: electricity and gas usage, cellular usage, internet usage, television, nutritional health products, health and beauty aides, wireless security systems for your home, website creation, and many many other services. It would bring me great honor to train your community to make money from these basic things, and to help others make a residual income from these things. I will help you transform a bad situation into a flourishing community, since I see that in your community, people really do want to help each other! That is where it’s at. Helping one another. Help me to start the ball rolling within your community, and maybe together we can change the situation for the better. I believe I have the key that will unlock your shackles and all you have to do is say yes I’m in! Visit my website and it will explain in more detail what I can do for you. Watch the video. Contact me when you are ready and we will fix the situation together very quickly if the entire community acts as a unit together. United, we will stand.

11. LTCollins on said:

Wow, these people aren’t stupid!! They are genuine, honest Americans – love it!
    Their eyes are finally being opened!!

12. Might want to check facts on that video. I think history will show that there were actually 7 prior presidents that were bi-racial (like Obama)

13. Larry Riffle on said:

How refreshing to listen to intelligent people that express themselves wisely without gutter mouth mentality.

14. stavron on said:

I think there is a great awakening across this great land. People are starting to realize that the promises of the socialist left are at best hallow if not bold face lies. I have been wondering when this would happen and it pray it continues for all our people sakes. You cannot make yourself better by bringing down your neighbor.

Instead lift yourself up, take responsibility for your life, take charge of your future and if your not happy change your station in life, don’t depend on someone else to do it. This is the message taught by our grand fathers and grand mothers. It is so refreshing to more Americans are starting to realize these basic fundamental truths of happiness. These are also the tenants of Conservatism.

15. CharlestownJack on said:

I will give all the black people of America and 100% of the white people of America and the entire population of Asian and hispanic people in America the one and only reason needed to vote this creature out of office. It is this, the dopey Mercury containing dim bulb that he decided he has the power to force on the American citizens. That should give everyone reason enough to fear his next imbecilic edict!

16. Dogmeat on said:

The TRUTH will set you FREE! The TEA PARTY would and will WELCOME ALL who want FREEDOM and SUPPORT The CONSTITUTION!

17. ottawa925 on said:

I think one of the most important elements is education. The unions want to dumb down inner city kids. They don’t want to be held accountable for their failure to give a good education. They want to trick you to believe that … well, lower the bar so that the ones falling behind can pass. You know, that’s like the horse with a broken leg. You can shoot em … but it don’t fix the leg. They want inner city kids to be disengaged from education. One of the most dangerous things to Dems is an educated voter. They want to treat blacks like mushrooms … keep em in the dark and feed em chit. That’s the old saying. And it’s true. The average black voter knows very little about Obama. A tip off should have been that he came from the Chicago Machine. The pay to play kings. The Machine that keeps reaching into your pocket. Chicago had tons of mfg. jobs. Where are they now? All that mfg. space was scarfed up by land developers. More housing so more taxes. Everyone could give these ppl their complete paycheck every week, and it still wouldn’t be enough. Ppl better wake up. That’s not to say you don’t keep the Right on the straight and narrow too. Someone once said to me that I have a disdain for all politicians. You’re damn right I do.

18. They say as California goes, so goes the nation.

Well, it is being run by Democrats like Chicago and it’s going bankrupt.

Are we going to let that happen?